It’s no secret that I love pizza, it’s one of those foods that you can do so much with, tastes so good and also fills you up – well it does when you have many of them!
I have a pizza oven, technically 2 – An indoor electric oven which makes mini pizzas and an outdoor oven that I cook pizzas in under 2 minutes at around 350C! This one is not something you can buy, I bought one and modified it to give me a portable but hot oven.
But not only do I cook and eat the pizza, but I also make the dough and have found the best dough recipe ever!
Simple list of ingredients –
- 300g Strong White Bread Flour
- 200g 00 Flour/plain flour
- 100g Semolina
- 1 sachet (7g) dried yeast
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 375ml warm water
I normally add a couple of tablespoons of the Pizza Herb mix from Tiger into the bowl before adding the water, the dough without it is amazing but even better with the mix.
Next is good for stress relief –
- Mix it all together, its squidgy and will get all over your fingers, but that’s half the fun!
- Once mixed, turn it out onto a floured work surface and knead that dough for about 10 minutes.
- Let the dough sit for a minute, clean your mixing bowl and then add a tiny amount of oil into the bowl and cover the whole of the inside – it needs just a tiny coating as it goes a long way.
- Throw the dough in the bowl, cover with a disposable shower cap (or cling film, but the cap works best) and store it somewhere warm for at least an hour.
When you are ready to use it, turn it onto a lightly floured work surface and knock it back for a couple of minutes.
Cut into chunks – this will normally do 4 large pizzas or 8 smaller pizzas and roll out to your desired thickness. Add toppings and cook.
And if you have any left overs, wrap it in cling-film and freeze it!
Tiger Pizza Herb Mix available from most branches of Tiger – https://uk.flyingtiger.com/en-GB