After trying various microwave meals over the past few weeks in preparation for coming winter months (a hot meal at lunchtime when its cold or wet outside is comforting), I decided to make my own versions to take to work and heat up.
This week we have a quick and simple meatball and tagliatelle in tomato sauce – this made enough for 3 lunches.
The ingredients list is pretty straight forward but sometimes that’s all you need.
- 1 pack of Richmond Meatballs (Basically meatball versions of their sausages)
- Tesco Passata with Garlic and Herbs
- 1 stick of original Peperami
- 6 balls of Tesco Tagliatelle
- Balsamic Glaze
- Black Pepper
And now for the cooking…….
- Fry the meatballs off according to the instructions on the packet, or cook in the microwave and then just brown them off a little.
- Chop the Peperami stick into small chunks approx. 5mm in size and add to the meatballs.
- Add the Passata and stir.
- Add a good squeeze of Balsamic Glaze – Aim for about a teaspoon, a little too much doesn’t matter.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Let simmer whilst you cook the Tagliatelle.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add 6 balls of Tagliatelle, bring back to the boil and then simmer for approx. 5-7 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
For a little extra flavour, drizzle some more balsamic glaze over the dish at the end.
It may not sound like a whole heap of ingredients, but they all work together and make a very good and filling meal.