Quick and Simple Meatballs and Pasta in Tomato Sauce
After trying various microwave meals over the past few weeks in preparation for coming winter months (a hot meal at lunchtime when its cold or wet outside is comforting), I decided to make my own versions to take to work and heat up.
This week we have a quick and simple meatball and tagliatelle in tomato sauce – this made enough for 3 lunches.
The ingredients list is pretty straight forward but sometimes that’s all you need.
- 1 pack of Richmond Meatballs (Basically meatball versions of their sausages)
- Tesco Passata with Garlic and Herbs
- 1 stick of original Peperami
- 6 balls of Tesco Tagliatelle
- Balsamic Glaze
- Black Pepper
And now for the cooking…….
- Fry the meatballs off according to the instructions on the packet, or cook in the microwave and then just brown them off a little.
- Chop the Peperami stick into small chunks approx. 5mm in size and add to the meatballs.
- Add the Passata and stir.
- Add a good squeeze of Balsamic Glaze – Aim for about a teaspoon, a little too much doesn’t matter.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Let simmer whilst you cook the Tagliatelle.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add 6 balls of Tagliatelle, bring back to the boil and then simmer for approx. 5-7 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
For a little extra flavour, drizzle some more balsamic glaze over the dish at the end.
It may not sound like a whole heap of ingredients, but they all work together and make a very good and filling meal.